POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : this animation is killing me : Re: this animation is killing me Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: this animation is killing me
From: Warp
Date: 15 Nov 2005 10:11:52
Message: <4379fab7@news.povray.org>
danny berne <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I haven't started to even look at the code for povray yet... but this whole
> parsing before you render EACH frame deal is killing me. before I go ass
> first into the code, has anybody found a way to render each frame without
> parsing yet? or better yet... why has this not been done... and don't tell
> me that you guys are perfectly happy watching your drives spin for five
> minutes for each frame.

  It's impossible in many cases to create the scene for the next frame
without parsing the scene.
  Objects, textures and other visible properties which depend on the
animation variables (such as 'clock' and 'frame_number') just have to
be parsed again. Moreover, it is possible for the pov file to write
data to an external file for the next frame to use.

  Many things could be made parse-once-use-many-times, but that kind of
thing is not very high in the priority list of new features to add.

--
                                                          - Warp